SMALL STEAM TURBINE GENERATOR : CUMMINS GENERATOR INDIA : SYNCHRONOUS GENERATOR EXCITATION SYSTEM.
Small Steam Turbine Generator
- In electricity generation, an electric generator is a device that converts mechanical energy to electrical energy. The reverse conversion of electrical energy into mechanical energy is done by a motor; motors and generators have many similarities.
- A steam (or water) turbine directly coupled to an electrical generator. The two devices are often referred to as one unit.
- A device that uses steam, heated gases, water flow or wind to cause spinning motion that activates electromagnetic forces and generates electricity.
- Of a size that is less than normal or usual
- limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent; “a little dining room”; “a little house”; “a small car”; “a little (or small) group”
- Not fully grown or developed; young
- the slender part of the back
- Not great in amount, number, strength, or power
- on a small scale; “think small”
- steamer: travel by means of steam power; “The ship steamed off into the Pacific”
- The expansive force of this vapor used as a source of power for machines
- emit steam; “The rain forest was literally steaming”
- The invisible gaseous form of water, formed by boiling, from which this vapor condenses
- The vapor into which water is converted when heated, forming a white mist of minute water droplets in the air
- water at boiling temperature diffused in the atmosphere
small steam turbine generator – Tesla Turbine
Once again this Tesla turbine is eagerly awaited. Further improvements have been made after plenty of R&D from the last turbine. The turbine efficiency has been increased by increasing nozzle pressures and added shaped spacers that act like an impulse turbine AFTER the useful energy has be captured using the discs. This may not be that satisfactory to some Tesla purists that don’t think that impulse turbine technology should be mixed with the Tesla turbine but it does increase performance and they can be removed if required and replaced with your own spacers/washers. There is plenty of interest in using Tesla turbines with organic rankine cycle systems, to enable power generation with waste heat or solar power. A number of major changes have been made to make this turbine useable in a closed-loop system (working fluid is constantly reheated and cooled). In other words no air, gas, steam, water can escape. It is now sealed ready for use in pressured system. It has been tested at 150psi using air. The turbine still has a standard a 1/4″ BSP threaded connector for both the inlet and outlet pipes. A 1/4″ BSP to Universal (uni) adapter is provided to allow easy connection to an air compressor (5+ SCFM recommended). The turbine comes with a 3 phase generator and 3 x 20 watt bulbs so that a load can be drawn, this generates 60 watts. The generator can produce up to 150watts leaving plenty of headroom for experimentation. The turbine design and generator mount allows for possibility of changing the generator or connecting to something else. The turbine is supplied on a aluminium base for display and demonstration purposes (connected using two M6 Hex cap screws).
20110831 1938 04186–DSLR-A850 45 mm
Chatted with the owner. One of very few traction engines with a steam turbine driving a generator for the lights.
Taken from a steam train where it did the same.
I noticed the characteristic turbine sound and asked him 🙂
Just beneath the turbine you can see two small cannisters – the heat is keeping the oil liquid!
Well, this is what it looks like off the side of the chimney. The small building is the cooling water intake, the large one the boiler house. It might look small, but it’s about 60m high.